Sunday, November 20, 2011

Play dates and training.

Well last Sunday, we went to a ASCA conformation show. Just to check out the competition, see what is out there. Spoofy did not come in because he has only had his first set of shots. Tink came in though to practice being around all the people, sounds,dogs. She did real well except when people were clapping, she would scream as if celebrating with them.

We did training at the facility with my mentor, working outside on downs and sits, along with some healing. All the dogs did well. We watched an amazing looking Blue Merle male win and get his title! It was very cool. As well as get some new show leashes!

Afterwards we went to the outlets and walked all the dogs around the masses of people and I have to tell you my 9 week old puppy did amazing.

He is now 10 weeks old and 14 pounds of all boy!! He has no fear and loves to try all new things. I take him every where and I make him get up on everything and try things. Playgrounds, mulch, rocks, grass,sand, roads,dirts, in the woods.

We now have sit, down, stay, come, heel and have now added easy, off, and touch.

Tinkerbell and Spoofy are getting along so well, and love to play together. Spoofy is constantly wet from all the dog slobber all over him.

Today we are going to see my dad, where he has 2 black labs, an old pug, and my 12 year old Rocky a shiba inu. I hope all goes well. My dads 11 year old police dog is intact, he is a ham and loves almost all dogs, including the pain in the but ms Tinkerbell, and he is such a good boy. But we will see, a huge fenced in back yard to run around and go crazy in! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment